Monday, January 31, 2011

Le Printemps Lament

Bridge of Flowers
I haven't minded the snow for the past few years. No reason to; I was indoors, it didn't bother me.

Now that I'm gainfully employed throughout the Winter instead of being laid-off for the season, there's been three major snow storms (one of them even got named!) and there's more predicted. Okay, seriously; whatever happened to January thaw? In Southern New England we traditionally get a week or two where the white stuff goes away on its own to make room for the last dregs of Winter's punishment. There was one nice day (today) with mild temperatures. Roadways are down to single lanes and lawns have mountains higher than houses. Yes, many of you readers deal with much more snow than I describe, but it's really hampered our geographical area.

So much so that I'm actually already looking forward to Spring. That doesn't usually happen until March 1 for me, as I'm a realist/pessimist. Usually Spring just doesn't do it for me, and I'm not much of a fan of Summer's oppressive heat and humidity, but I can't wait for the Crocuses, Daffodils, Cherry Blossoms et al to break the dirt and blow in tree boughs.

The six foot high piles along my sidewalk were a novelty for a few days, but I want to see green again, please?

1 comment:

  1. I`m right there with you my friend. We are getting hammered here in Tioga Co. as I type. Spring cannot come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete