Sunday, March 28, 2010

Limited Edition X-Pansion Luminar Bishoujo Statue

For those readers who aren't aware, I write fan fiction stories over on the Mighty Marvel.com Message Boards about my own team of mutant superhero X-Men, called the X-Pansion team.

One of the characters is code-named Luminar and I'm proud to publicly unveil the Limited Edition Luminar Bishoujo statue!
Luminar
What makes this very rare besides its limited availability (only one was made *snicker* and it's privately owned) is the straight hair. Normally, Luminar's brunette hair is curly.

She joins previously released Black Widow (both Natasha and Yelena versions), Rogue, and Scarlet Witch. Future editions will include Psylocke, Phoenix and Dark Phoenix (I've also seen a possibility of the White Queen as well).


Now it's back to the little ones for my model trains :-)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice statue MO, the detail is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, Feral. That's one of the reasons why I like the line so much. I can't take any credit beyond some minor modification and most of the paint job.

    She began as a long coated Rogue, manufactured by Kotobukiya as part of the Bishoujo line debuting in 2009, all I did was lob off the fanning part of the coat, use some modeller's putty to sculpt shoulder padding (the project began as a 90s Jean Grey buy then inspiration struck after staring at the face for days on end working the body) and lastly I painted over the green with blue and the brunette hair over the red and white.

    I fully believe somewhere in Asia there's a price on my head for modifying their prideful workmanship, but I'd like to think the craftsman in them respects the care and effort I put in on my end. :-)

    ReplyDelete