Friday, January 1, 2010

From the WTF??!! Files

Bear with me, sometimes I have difficulty being concise. This happens to be one of those times. I've been divorced now longer than my marriage lasted and a couple times per year, lingering effects of the marriage ripple through the brain (ghosts and feelings don't properly describe my unconscious experiences) but I'm getting a little ahead of myself.

I do enjoy where my brain takes me on those special nights that my subconscious reveals most wondrous visions and sensations. (Oddly enough the two I'm describing this time are both medically related, hmm *ponders*)

It's December 25 (1994 I think) and I'd just gotten a stack of X-Men comics a day or two before hand (I believe about seven different issues) and I read them that day in one sitting, while enjoying a tall glass of Hood's Golden egg nog (mmm, egg nog). well, it's Christmas Day, the presents have been opened, dinner has been eaten, and I haven't looked healthy most of the day. With full belly and a two pill dose of cold medication in my system I alerted everyone that I was going to my room for a nap until desert. Well, I don't even remember the brand medication it worked so well! In my dream I was at the X-Men's Xavier mansion, in a dorm room bed and my favorite characters are gathered around me worried that I'm sick and offering bedside TLC (favorite Jean Grey still sticks out in my mind all these years later). I wound up sleeping through desert and the night but the next day I was much better. :-)

Now, I haven't mentioned this yet, but I'm also a disc jockey/karaoke jockey and I had a gig at a New Year's Eve party welcoming in 2010. The gig ran long, until 1:30 in the morning, and might have gone longer if my boss and I hadn't stopped playing music. The roads had a light snow covering on top of the mess that had been plowed earlier in the day but except for the slicker areas closest to home (which I had anticipated) were pretty much speed limit capable. I get ready to crawl into bed after I wind down around four in the morning and the aches of mid-life adulthood are throbbing (sore back, arthritic wrists) so I take two of my favorite pain reliever with a swig of red labelled well established cola and crawl under the covers with high expectations of really enjoying my dreams (meds :-)). Well, what I recall came after I had been woken up at 8am by the snow plow cleaning up the parking lot outside of my condominium. I grumble after peeking out the kitchen window and crawl back under the covers for more sleep.

I find I'm back in the mobile home my now ex-wife and I rented during the first two years of our marriage. This place defies all comprehension, whole wall sections were cut out and just laid in place, the front door was sprung and rarely stayed closed without a slam which damaged it more, empty screw holes in the walls making them look like they had chicken pox...all of this was real! The door my father fixed by adding aluminum angle pieces to keep it square and we had to frame the small window in aluminum to keep it from falling out. Anyways, I could expound upon this place for a whole blog, but the rest is irrelevant to the story.

So I'm cleaning (there's the first clue I'm in a deep sleep) and have just taken some unwanted furniture out to the dumpster in the mobile home park when I realize the front door isn't latching again. With each slam harder than before and my weight not being able to close it, I turn around to see my ex-wife laden with bags, relatives and new friends whom I don't even know come through the door (she really did move to Europe after our divorce). Well, obviously the place isn't up to her standards as it was all disarrayed from my rearranging everything to my satisfaction. The family and strangers made themselves at home so I went into the master bedroom to get away. A teacher friend of my Mom's comes in and gets me to talk about my feelings, and I'm just shy of the point of breaking down into tears and blubbering the rest of the gory marriage details when the ex-wife comes in trailing a number of dead celebrities who'd passed in 2009 (and I don't even drink coffee).

At some point the ex disappears and I'm having a conversation with a straight-haired Farrah Fawcett (as seen in one of her last guest appearances on Charlie's Angels) about how I was such a good friend with her during my marriage and that she doesn't want to lose my friendship. I reassure her she won't and the guy behind her looks sad.

"I need a hug," he says. "Well I need a hug too" I tell him (my emotions WERE in turmoil about my ex after all)

So the dark haired cut short chisel featured man peels off his shirt, drops his pants and throws me on the bed pinning me down. It's David Carradine and he's STRONG! Just when I'm prepared for the worst pain and event ever in my life I bolt awake with my heart racing. It's 1:30 pm.

Funny how I can write about this on the internet for everybody to see, yet I couldn't express my feelings to my wife during our marriage. I have theories about that, but not for the blog.

Happy New Year everybody. Here's hoping things get better! (I'm going to investigate what's in my cola)

1 comment:

  1. Wow MO, that must be some potent cold medicine! Mayhaps I can start adding that to my coffee....*ponders*

    ReplyDelete